Friday, March 5, 2010

Welcome

Hello and Welcome,
I am a pre-service student enrolled in a full time postgraduate teacher training degree. I am hoping to enter the teaching profession in 2011. I decided on this career path for a number of reasons including a love of learning, a love of children and a better work/life balance.
I am currently based on the coast with my husband and 2 year old daughter. We have settled here after many years of traveling around Australia and have lived in many towns and cities from Melbourne to Alice Springs to Darwin.
I have a boisterous kelpie, a rainforest and a veggie garden in my backyard.
This blog forms part of my assessment for this course but on a wider scale I would like to include you on the journey of a pre-service teacher in the 21st century. Throughout this blog I will investigate modern learning approaches for students in the digital age. I will consider new communication technologies and their place in the 21 century classroom. Included will be insights from professional conversations with mentors and other pre-service teachers as we grapple with the concept of efficiency and enhancement in the modern learning environment.
I look forward to sharing the outcomes with you all.
Regards
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment